The playlist URL is https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLu1Zr4XOXjCTiONuapNUj2NXD3NLXNq51 but when I copy what comes after the = in the gallery and save, it removes the first two letters PL… now I can no longer preview the playlist and it no longer shows up on the webpage. I tried adding the extra letters manually but that does not work either. What am I doing wrong?
You are doing nothing wrong! We are currently investigating an error that is affecting galleries with YouTube playlists as the source. Please stand by for updates.
I’m experiencing the same issue - the first two letters of the channel are cut off after saving
This channel PLOcEAMfEgBRmjZue6EXvAXwdeC-OzfY_O gets the PL cut off and becomes OcEAMfEgBRmjZue6EXvAXwdeC-OzfY_O so the videos don’t display.
I am also having this same issue
Am I supposed to do something? It still is not working for me.
No, there is nothing you need to do. The ETA for this fix has been moved to the end of today. Sincere apologies for the delay! I’ll be sure to let you know when it’s been implemented.
We are going on this being down over 4 days now and my customer is complaining as this is the time of year they need it working more than any other…can we get an update on this as it was suppose to have been fixed 2 days ago and then that was moved to yesterday and it is still not working.
Unfortunately, this fix is taking longer than initially expected. Please know we are doing the best we can and look forward to seeing your playlist-based galleries working without error as much as you!
2 posts were split to a new topic: Dailymotion playlist stops displaying
It’s now been down for a full week… We provide videos for our logged in members. Without the videos, we have no product. Is this at least near the top of the priority list?
A post was merged into an existing topic: The playlist identified with the request’s
playlistId parameter cannot be found
Same for me.
We’re so sorry for the delay, but yes, this is at the top of the priority list and we should have an update in just a few hours.
In their defence
- I’ve looked at the source code and other companies that offer the same service
- Tubepress remains competitive on price
- The other companies either have not had issues or have fixed the problem faster
- but they do not offer the wide range of streaming media offered by Tubepress
- Tubpress’s live demo galleries for all 3 platforms it supports namely youtube, vimeo and Dailymotion are working and have always worked
- This means the problem is probably with the galleries that are on the Tubepress account and the code used to connect to Youtube’s API
- Fixing that so it works across all users and galleries and multiple streaming media sites is not going to be easy or they would have done it
- As far as I know, Tubepress is only 3 employees with Elisabeth handling the support queries that means that there are only 2 people that could fix the problem possibly one person
- Be thankful it happened over Christmas and not during a busier time of the year
- The galleries have been down for at least 2 weeks and if that is an issue then I would suggest using a back up of hardcoding a windows playlist as a backup on each page on your site
it won’t look or function as nicely but will do the job.
Given the above points and after looking carefully at what the competition offers I’m sticking with Tubepress - the others don’t yet offer the value for money that Tubepress does and they are only slightly faster at fixing the same problem we’ve been having
Furthermore paying Tubepress also covers them fixing problems like this that otherwise, we’d have to and they have been in constant contact here with their customers
So imho after spending many hours looking at alternatives I’ll stick with them
We are a small team but committed to getting this issue solved! Please stand by for further updates.
In order to resolve this issue, we will need to see the webpage where you expect to see the playlist-based TubePress gallery. Please share a link either here on the forum or by emailing us via the “confidential data” contact option, and we will attend to the issue immediately!
Hi please could you examine this page
It uses a playlist by the same name
Please examine this page: https://weg-zum-himmel.de/de/video-galerie/weg-zum-himmel/
- Imho having looked at the code
- and the fact that the Tubepress live demo on their website is working
- using youtube, vimeo and daily motion videos
- the problem appears to be the code associated with users galleries in Tubepress
- as both the plugin for Wordpress and youtube express are experiencing the loss of the ability to play galleries
- I don’t know what the solution is
- but it looks like it’s taking a lot more than a simple bug fix
- and probably requires rewriting and debugging a lot of code